Navigational Astrology Daily Forecast - May 16, 2022 - Energy Forecast for Today

• Galactic Admin
    Staff member

Were you able to see the eclipse? Here it was too cloudy, but I tell you what... it was WILD outside even though I couldn't see the Moon. It was foggy, eerily silent, and the sky in the direction of the Moon was red as if there was a great fire behind the fog. Straight out of a werewolf movie!

I woke this morning feeling like it was still yesterday, as if not enough time had passed for it to be Monday. 

Today the Sun is conjunct dual fixed star Algol, who really has a crap reputation as being particularly malicious. This star represents the severed head of Medusa in the constellation Perseus. But we deep divers know everything has a dual nature and a spectrum of energetic potential. 

I spoke quite a lot about this star and the mythology around it last year during some powerful alignments, and for the next couple days it will be interesting to see how this feels and plays out on the world stage. Algol is associated with loss, death, and pain, yes, and also with unparalleled courage and creative genius. Extreme protective energies are interwoven here too as Medusa means "guardian, queen, protectress" and even the tendency to put one's self in danger to protect another. Power that is feared or suppressed and not healthily embraced can go dark really quick with this influence. 

Salvadore Dali, Picasso, Florence Nightingale had strong Algol alignments, and Johnny Depp has a Mercury/Venus conjunction with Algol. Now isn't that fascinating. His creative genius so often expressed through the melancholy or darker lens and of course the current drama he is wrapped up in and exposing will likely grab our attention.

La Luna will conjunct Royal fixed star Antares tonight and the magnetic and mysterious Great Attractor tomorrow morning, so dream time could be spectacular tonight! xx

Art by Christopher Lovell

medusa